This article explains why your Samsung TV is getting louder in commercials and presents some simple solutions that will help you overcome this problem.
Loud commercials primarily when the channel changes are so annoying. They are distressing especially at night and drive me crazy as well.
Here are a few fixes for keeping commercials at unchanging volume on your Samsung Smart TV.
This has been a very serious problem and so many people are concerned that even Congress is trying to pass legislation to get this under control but as with many other pieces of legislation, it’s only part of the solution.Calm Act by Congress | 2011
How to Stop Louder Commercials on Samsung TV?
Tru volume, a technology developed by SRS Labs controls level shifts and it really makes sense because you can regulate the volume at one TV station.
If there are various sources attached to your TV like a DVD player, Blu-ray player, or Game Console, and every source is operating at a different volume when you change the input, the volume will shift.
So, the methods mentioned below will help you in fixing louder commercials on your Samsung TV.
A) Enable Auto Volume
Auto volume option is available on modern Smart TVs that helps to avoid volume fluctuation when changing between channels or sources on the TVs. It is designed to prevent a dramatic increase or decrease of audio from the speakers.
Some third-party Software also works as Auto volume or audio leveling. If the auto volume settings have not been adjusted accurately or are programmed wrongly, you may not be able to adjust the volume. This usually happens in the following cases;
- When there is a shift between channel or source or,
- When there is a commercial start playing.
How to Turn on Auto Volume on Samsung TV
- First of all, go to your settings on the TV.
- Now, head over to the Sound option.
- You will see three options, Sound Output, Sound Mode, and Expert Settings.
- Click on “Expert Settings.”
- You will see again a bunch of options but you will have to scroll down and click on “Auto Volume”
- You can check the box on the sidebar written, Equalize sound automatically so that the volume level remains the same when you change between channel and video resources.
- When you will select the Auto volume, it will be colored green.
- Now, you are all set.
SAMSUNG 65-Inch Class Crystal 4K
3 HDMI Ports, Motion Xcelerator
B) Fix the Control Switch
One thing for your TV volume or channel unchanging is the control switch getting stuck in one position.
- Move the switch up and down while pressing the switch. It will loosen the control switch and allow it to move freely.
If TV is still changing the volume or channel, we can investigate whether the problem is in the TV or in the remote control.
- Power off the remote. Do it by removing the batteries within it. Now, turn on the TV and check whether the volume changes.
If the TV is still showing the same issue, you can believe that there is no problem with your remote control.
- Now, go to the home settings or menu option on your TV.
- Press “First Time installation.”
All Samsung TVs have a Control switch (button) that allows you to change the volume or turn on the TV. There are some limited functionalities that you can perform from your TV without Remote Control.
How to Find Location of TV Control Button (Switch)?
i. Back of the TV
The most defined location of the control switch is on the back of the screen on the bottom right side of the screen and it can be turned up and down.
When you will click on the button, the menu option will appear in the middle of the screen. To turn on the TV, you just need to long press the button.
ii. Under front panel on the Side
You can find the control button on the right side of the panel if you are facing the TV.
iii. Under front panel in the Middle
Some Samsung TV models have a control button in the middle of the panel. To turn on the TV, you have to long-press the center button.
C) Use External Mixer
These compact devices like external mixers keep the sound constant but increase the overall sound volume. When you connect these external audio mixers to your device like a gaming console, your DJing board, or your TV, it automatically mixes the sound and keeps it constant overall.
Mixers are usually used by DJs who have to integrate two tracks in a natural way so that both songs are controlled in terms of volume, sound frequency, and pitch. So, when the audience is busy listening and enjoying the concert, they don’t feel any change in tracks.
A commercial usually mixes sound, frequency, and pitch at the same level. TV sound regulators/mixers increase the sound massively and shift it way louder and you feel it constant overall but you have to control it manually from your remote at various times.
Pyle Professional Audio Mixer
Features: Sound Board Console System
D) Use a Sound Bar
Soundbars are external speakers which are mostly attached to multichannel home theaters. They are used to make a mini theater home theater system complete. Its purpose is to add some value to the local sound produced through your LED or TV and enhance the sound quality.
Soundbars have an auto volume option, which we discussed earlier, and is used to keep the volume constant.
Soundbars are available in various features which also validate their prices of them.
Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar
Sound System with Universal Remote Control
E) File a complaint to the FCC
You have also the option to lodge a complaint to the Federal Communications Commission. It is basically a United States agency that overlooks the matter related to the following;
They have set the rule of taking action if many people are complaining and want some changes. Yeah! the problem has been severe and they are also aware of it. But, they will surely take action if they see any rise in people complaining about a certain matter.
Do you know: Federal Communication Commission saw a 140% increase in loudness complaints in 2020 which you can believe today by knowing the fact that TV advertising industry had ballooned to $1b 77 years ago.
Dynamic Range Compression
In a song or recording, the difference between the loudest and the quietest sounds. Advertisers have been using this concept for a quite long time.
Enjoy Reading Too:
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Block Interest-Based Ads On Samsung Smart Tv?
- First, click on Settings on your TV home screen.
- Then you will on Support from the settings menu.
- Now, you will go into ‘Terma & Privacy.’
- Now, you will uncheck the box and you will click on close.
How to Turn Off Voice Guide on Samsung TV?
Voice Guide basically speaks to your every command which really exhausting but it is a nice feature for hearing-impaired people.
- First of all, click on settings.
- Now, go to general from there.
- Click on Accessibility.
- Go to Voice Guide Settings.
- Click on Voice Guide and you can turn it off.
- Now, Restart your Samsung TV
Recommended Article: Why Your Toshiba TV Keeps Turning Off
How to resolve the ‘low sound’ issue of your Samsung Smart TV?
Low sound could be due to the content being played.
- Try switching channels or playing a different video.
- Set the volume of the TV as well as set the Top-Box to 35.
- Perform a Sound Test to check the sound quality.
- Home>Settings>Support>Device care> Self-Diagnosis>Sound Test.
- Check the input connections (HDMI/AV)
- Disconnect and reconnect the cable from the TV and input resource.
- Reset the sound settings.
- Home>Settings>Sound>Expert Settings>Reset Sound.
- Default Password is ‘0000’
What is Samsung tv volume increase code?
There are 14 different levels that you can adjust the volume to:
- Level 1: 500 Level 2: 1000
- Level 3: 1500 Level 4: 2000
- Level 5: 2500 Level 6: 3000
- Level 7: 3500 Level 8: 4000
- Level 9: 5000 Level 10: 6000
- Level 11: 7000 Level 12: 8000
- Level 13: 9000 Level 14: 9999
How do I unlock the volume limit on my Samsung TV?
- First of all, select Network> Network Setup.
- Now, click on Network from the menu option.
- Now, select Network Settings> Setup.
- Opt Volume Level.
Originally from Pakistan, being a young lad in Tech industry, Hamza has a keen interest in PC games, and Windows OS Security Systems. He loves technology and Alexa products and he has used multiple automated gadgets at home, with almost every version of the Echo and Rumbas especially.
He is recently studying advanced AI and Machine Learning at ITU Pakistan. Now, He has also involved himself in Aurdino products to study advanced Robotics. His degree is Bachelor’s in Computer Science but his Specialization has taken him to a higher positions at various job positions.
Now, He writes detailed information on every issue and feature of Alexa, Echo, and other smart and automated gadgets and also reviews them according to my use and personal utility experience.
Hamza has been providing people with different troubleshoots related to robotics, and AI since 2020 and He has attached himself with smarthomehut in 2022
You can find him @
More Info About Smarthomehut