Verizon vs Verizon Authorized Retailer | Difference Explained
Verizon is one of the biggest Telecommunication companies providing consumer Telecom, Data, wireless services, and Entertainment products. Being an American resident, you might have visited both Verizon and Verizon Authorized Retailer.
But, what exactly is the difference between the two, and how it impacts the services being provided by the both under Flagship of Verizon? The main difference between Verizon and Verizon Authorized Retailer is that Verizon stores are owned by Verizon and Verizon Authorized Retailers are licensed by Verizon.
Corporate Verizon Store
Corporate Verizon Stores are company-owned stores that are fully operated and controlled by the company ‘Verizon’ itself.
They have their own designed policies and Terms & Conditions under which Return Policy and Warranty Claims have been regularised by the company official enabling them to be responsible and allowing them to get control over its products, services, and employees fully.
Authorized Verizon Retailer
All of Verizon Authorized Retailers are Franchise Stores. Franchises are independently owned and operated that determine their own conditions of employment which include Benefit programs and compensation.
Authorized Verizon Retailers work in thousands of branches all over the country. They usually get benefits from Verizon in the form of commissions and with the addition of more users to Verizon’s service.
Restriction: They always abide by certain Terms & Conditions which these authorized retailers have to follow. Verizon ensures that its services are delivered to the final user quickly and without hesitance.
Point to be Noted: Verizon has distributed its responsibilities to run this huge service-providing business and they collect all the billings and service charges from the users with the help of these Authorized Verizon Retailers (Franchises).
What Is the Difference Between Verizon And Verizon Authorized Retailer?
- Verizon Store is officially owned and controlled by the company under the ownership of Verizon Wireless.
- Individuals privately own Verizon Authorised Retailors and its business and operations are run by the franchisor but under the license of Verizon.
- Verizon Store has the same return policy all over the country. If you want to return any agreement, you have to pay a Restocking fee of $50 and a return must be made within 30 days of its purchase.
- As different owners own Verizon Authorised Retailors they may have their own Return policy but generally, it is set as 14 days. You must check the Return policy of that specific franchise before you visit.
How do they both look Different and Who owns them?
Physically, you won’t observe any difference between the two by looking at them. Because all Verizon franchises are required to display the company’s official banner which makes them undifferentiable.
But, you can obviously identify and check by visiting their official website. So, it makes it easier for you if you want to purchase their entertainment products from the company itself by recognizing the Verizon office.
Who owns Verizon Authorised Retailors?
- Authorized retailers are owned by individuals.
- They are the owners of the property at which they operate the Verizon franchise.
- They have to bear all the operating expenses.
- The owner has the freedom to operate and work on their daily business matters but under the license and terms & conditions of Verizon.
- They have to enter into an agreement under which they are bound to follow the company rules and regulations.
Who owns Verizon Corporate (Verizon Wireless)
- Verizon Corporate Stores, its property, and all offices are completely owned by the company itself
- Verizon officially hires all of its employees and handles all the operating workload itself.
- Verizon collects all the fees and subscription charges and this is one of a few things which differentiates Verizon from its Retailers.
Advantages of Buying From a Verizon Corporate Store
- Some people have more brand loyalty and trust in buying from the corporate store. So, they prefer to buy from the Verizon Corporate Store.
- If you have any intention to change your locality, you must prefer Verizon Corporate and it will be easier to return the products to the company without any hesitation.
- You have the option to obtain an extended warranty if you have aviled your product from the corporate store.
- They provide you with higher data limits on your phone or exclusive discounts accessible only at corporate outlets.
- Verizon officially takes responsibility for all the problems and resolves them only in a lesser time.
Advantages of Buying From an Authorized Verizon Retailer
- One interesting point is that Authorized Verizon Retailer provides finance options to let people buy them easier.
- People in the local area have personal relationships with the staff at Authorized Verizon Retailer which makes it easier for them to buy from them.
- Most Verizon retailers are officially licensed by Verizon but you may find a few ones which check and examine your devices after you buy from Verizon.
- In case of any return claim, If you have purchased a phone from company-authorized retailers, they will definitely replace you with another phone at no additional cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Apple a Verizon-authorized retailer?
Apple basically has a contract with companies like Verizon and AT&T and it sells its products under the Flagship of these companies which may be sold through retailers but they are monitored and controlled by Verizon and AT&T which we have thoroughly discussed in the article.
What is the difference between Verizon and Verizon Wireless?
Verizon is basically an American wireless network service provider having multiple data services and entertainment products which worked under Verizon wireless previously as a separate entity.
Do Verizon-authorized retailers have SIM cards?
Authorized retailers provide SIM cards within 3 days.
Do all Verizon stores charge the same?
No, Verizon has certain policies which all Verizon retail stores have to follow, but they don’t control the price and return policies of each retailer and all the retail stores may vary the price and return charges. All the corporate and retail stores are advised to show the Verizon banner right in front to show Brand only retail points.
Is it better to buy from a Verizon store or online?
You have the option to buy from Verizon’s physical store or online. If you want to purchase from an online store, you may get a full variety and I will recommend you to go to Verizon corporate store.
Another option is to go with physical retail or the corporate store where you get maximum support but less variety.
Mahnoor has graduated in AI and Machine Learning Program at PIASS. She has a special interest in technology especially Automated gadgets and Automated Robots. She has also studied programming and Windows security. At smarthomehut, she often writes about Alexa programming skills and how different automated related devices and how to tackle their various issues.