Why My Toshiba TV Keeps Turning Off | Solve in 9 steps
Have you ever imagined that your Toshiba TV is turning off again and again or turning off and on while you are watching your favorite series, it really frustrates. But, you should obviously look for reasons which cause it to happen before you jump on to solutions to fix errors.
Toshiba TV is one of the top-rated brands in the television industry and has provided some awesome features in its Smart TVs and Fire TVs.
But, Toshiba TVs may sometimes get into error or troubleshoot issues which cause it to turn off and on again and again.
The main possible causes are the following:
- Sleeper timer being On
- Outdated TV software
- Over Heat
- Faulty HDMI cable
- Dust in electronic circuits of TV
- Non-modified TV settings
How to Fix Toshiba TV turning off in 9 Steps
If your Toshiba HDTV does not turn on, it’s very likely that the problem will be easy to find and resolve. Most HDTV power-on issues are easy to fix without special training. You can save time and money by following a handful of troubleshooting procedures before you resort to contacting outside assistance.
1) Unplug Your Toshiba TV
This is one of the most basic solutions and it does work which means that you don’t even have to go further and try other methods to fix the problem.
- Just unplug the socket from the wall.
- Wait about 60 seconds(1 minute).
- Now, plug it back into the socket.
This will reset your TV and it is a lot different than turning off your TV and turning it on back from the remote control.
2) HDMI no signal on TV
Here are some common issues of HDMI no signals:
- HDMI NO SIGNAL ERROR
- ALL HDMI PORTS STOPPED WORKING
- SMART TV HDMI PORTS NO MORE WORK
- Power off all HDMI devices connected
- Disconnect all HDMI devices
- Power off/Disconnect the Tv power cord from the wall outlet
- Press and hold the TV power key for 30 seconds.
- Reconnect all HDMI cables and devices.
- Replug the TV power cord in wall outlet and power on TV.
- You are Done!
3) Wrongly Modified Settings
There may arise some error or unusual behavior offered by your Toshiba TV which is all due to your pre-selected settings and one of which is the Energy Saving Option.
Toshiba models are built to save energy and you will find multiple energy-saving features in your Smart Toshiba TV.
You can pick different options switch off, custom, medium, maximum, and auto which are according to the customization. These options perform various actions like if you have enabled auto mode, it will turn off your power depending on the lowest power consumption mode to save energy.
It will turn off your TV automatically because this action is due to the pre-made settings in the device.
Don’t ever set your Toshiba TV to ‘Auto mode’ as it doesn’t require your involvement to turn off the TV but it adjusts the controls automatically depending on the scenario.
If you have already enabled this setting, you can change it and set it to ‘Custom mode’ which tries to prevent your TV from turning off and on.
4) Sleep Timer Setting
One of the primary reasons why Toshiba TV turns off is due to its power settings. Because you have somehow made the power setting turn off after a few minutes.
There are different navigations according to the model of your Toshiba TV which could be found on your Remote and TV settings i.e.; Timer settings, Power Off, Standby Sleep Settings, etc.
If your TV keeps shutting off every few minutes, you should disable your TV’s unnecessary settings and adjust/turn off Timer, Standby Mode, and Sleep settings accordingly.
i) Your timer setting is enabled which automatically turns off your TV after some time. To turn off ‘Timer setting’ or ‘Auto Mode’ from your TV,
- Go to the Menu option on your TV.
- Then click on ‘Timer’
- Press ‘On TImer’ & ‘Enable on Timer.’
- Toggle this option off from the screen.
ii) Standby option is enabled sometimes which allows the device to turn off automatically which can be turned off by following the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Menu option and click ‘Power Management‘
- Click on ‘Active Standby Mode’
- Toggle off this option.
iii) Your TV may turn off due to no signal provided to your TV. It basically allows your TV or anything working on your TV to stop. To turn off ‘no signal power settings,
- Go to your TV main Menu.
- Click on Power Management.
- Now, press ‘No Signal Power Down.’
- Select your Input and toggle it off.
5) Check for Updates on your Toshiba TV
There are obviously errors in the older models of Toshiba TVs and other electronic devices as well which is why their manufacturers have to bring out an update for the device to make it work smoothly without any errors or bugs.
When an electronic device like Television is launched by any Company or Brand, manufacturers usually give a bit of time to users to check their experience with the product.
Then, they start taking feedback from their users. Their motive behind the feedback is to check the device’s working experience, its compatibility, and other enhancements with different software working on the screen. So, they launch a new system update to rectify any bugs.
Amazon also launches Over The Air (OTA) firmware updates to fix any bugs.
Reading Recommendation: Install 3rd Party Apps on Samsung Smart TV
- First of all, open your Toshiba TV settings.
- Now, head over to My Smart TV.
- Tap on About.
- Now, you can update your System Software.
6) No power to Electrical Wall Socket
We may run into a problem where we consider our device to be faulty but the problem is outside the product domain. The most basic problem in this regard is no power being supplied to an electrical wall socket.
Check that the electrical wall socket is receiving power. Confirm that the socket where the TV is plugged in is not controlled by a switch or timer or that the surge protector on a power strip is not tripped.
Plug a working lamp or another electrical device into the socket. If that device does not work, plug the TV’s power cord into a different socket and attempt to power up the TV.
7) REGZA-Link Signal Issue
This is a new feature that uses CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) Technology in Toshiba TV which enables the users to auto-control all their devices that are REGZA-LINK compatible through HDMI connection via remote control.
It allows you to control the multiple functions of your computer wirelessly, which may help you during your presentations and you don’t have to rush to your computer again and again.
But, you may get frustrated due to your TV/computer behaving misguided through a signal by another REGZA-Link device.
You may find this setting in your computer depending on the model you are using.
- Go to your TV menu
- Turn off the REGZA-Link signal.
8) Overheating in Toshiba TV
Electronic devices are meant to keep in a dry place where they are saved from any liquid or dust. Dust particles enter into the different electronic parts of TVs and thus they block the connection area.
Reading Recommendation: How to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Samsung TV
Water is a big enemy of Electric current and hence electronic gadgets are designed to keep them safe from water and other liquid materials. But, when they are exposed to water, their electronic boards may catch the heat and thus be wasted.
Must clean your TV internally and externally as well and keep it away from dust particles. You can clean your TB by following the steps mentioned below.
Tip: You can use a Microfiber cloth to clean your TV.
- First of all, you need to turn off the power of your TV.
- Now, you may split the outer part of your TV.
- Clean it with the help of a blower where it is impossible to reach and you can get the dustout.
- You can clean the exterior part with the help of Fiber Cloth.
- You must clean TV air vents with the help of spraying a can of compressed air.
9) Remote may be Defective
You must check your Remote because it may be the cause which we may forget.
The Remote may get faulty due to various reasons:
- Buttons are strictly
- IR signals are not transferred to the TV due to the electric cells being expired.
- Remote is damaged
- Water has destroyed the electric integration of remote
- You must first change the electric cells of your remote to check whether the voltage is delivered or not.
- Must clean your remote with a cloth or blower or you can use a dryer to let it dry if it is water damaged.
How to Factory Reset Toshiba TV
This procedure will reset the TV to the Factory default settings and reset all settings and channels to their default values.
- First of all, press the Menu button on your remote to access it. (You may find this Menu differently depending on the model.)
- Select the button which is associated with setup.
- Use the arrow button to highlight installation from the Menu.
- Now, access System Status Menu from the icon.
- Now, Click on Factory Defaults.
- Press Yes!
- If a Pin Code has been set, you will be asked to enter and it will automatically be done.
Reading Recommendation: How to Fix LG TV Airplay Not Working
How To Fix Toshiba TV won’t Turn On Red Light Blinking
- Using a phone or other google device, download and set up the “Home” app from google
- The app should detect the tv on the same Wifi as your phone even with the tv being completely dark, (no screen, no red light)
- Complete the tv’s Chromecast setup and skip through all of the other streaming bs, you don’t need it for this.
- Once it has been completed, the phone should indicate that the tv is on “standby” or something of that nature. Essentially the black screen and no red light are due to Chromecast having an invisible non-responsive “screen saver”
- Hold down the power button on the side of the tv until you see the tv reboot, keep holding until it fully powers on and asks you to complete setup (language, time, tv channels, etc.)
- At this point, you should be good to go.
What does it mean when your TV keeps turning itself off?
The power supply to your TV is interrupted due to a problem with the cord either it is loose or it is damaged or the remote is damaged or the sleep timer is turned on.
How To Access TOSHIBA TV Service Menu Code
- Press the Menu key on the Remote.
- Highlight the picture icon.
- Press the 9301 Keys on your remote.
- The OK will navigate through various modes.
- Use Vol+ and Vol- Keys to change the values.
Why does my Toshiba TV keep turning back on?
You must first check the power button on your TV’s remote control. Because, if it’s stuck, you may not control your TV. You may open your control and fix it manually or you have to buy a new remote control otherwise.
Where is Toshiba TV reset button?
It all depends on the model of TV which you are using but you can access it by long pressing the power button or plugging out and plugging it in again after 1 minute.
What does boot looping mean?
A device automatically restarts during its normal startup process. Usually, it happens in Windows devices but may occur in Android TVs.
How do I get my TV out of boot loop?
If your Android TV ever gets into a boot loop, it will automatically be normal within an hour. When you will be provided with options, just select Factory reset. Now it will restart and boot into android like normal but don’t reset the TV to avoid any data or settings loss.
How long should a TV last?
The standard lifespan of LED TVs is up to 10,000 hours or 10 years.
Enjoy Reading Too:
Hamza is a passionate technical writer with more than 5 years of experience. He has a keen interest in PC games, and Windows OS Security Systems. He loves technology and Alexa products and he has used multiple automated gadgets at home, with almost every version of the Echo and Rumbas especially. Now, He writes detailed information on every issue and feature of Alexa, Echo, and other smart and automated gadgets and also reviews them according to my use and personal utility experience.