TCL TV Keeps Going Back To Home Screen | Solution For Roku TV
TCL makes premium TVs with great picture and sound quality and offers a wide range of features and functions. However, just like any other device, TCL TVs are not immune to technical issues. One of the most common issues faced by TCL TV users is the TV going back to the home screen repeatedly.
In this article, we will explore some solutions and tips to fix this problem.
TCL 50″ Class 4-Series 4K UHD
How To Fix TCL TV Keeps Going Back To Home Screen
Restart your TV
Sometimes, a simple restart can solve the problem.
This will clear any temporary glitches or bugs that may be causing the TV to go back to the home screen.
Fix TCL TV Settings
If your TCL Roku TV keeps going back to the home screen, you must check and fix the below 2 TV settings.
1. Wake on Lan Settings
First, switch Wake on Lan (WOL) function and Wake on Wireless Networks settings (WOWN). It basically allows your TV to be powered on or awakened from standby, hibernate, or shut down from another device on a network.
2. Check Power on behavior Settings
- Press the Home button on your TCL Roku remote control.
- Scroll down to Settings
- Press the right arrow button and select System
- Press the right arrow button and select Power
- Press the Right arrow button to select Power On
- Press the Right arrow button and highlight the input and set it to Last used TV input.
Check for Software Updates
One of the first things to do when facing any technical issue with your device is to check for software updates. TCL TVs come with an operating system called Roku, and updates to this system are released regularly to improve performance and fix bugs.
To check for updates, make sure that you have an active internet connection and any software update may take up to 20 minutes.
Check HDMI Cables and Connections
If your TCL TV is connected to external devices such as a gaming console or a streaming device such as Roku, the problem could be with the HDMI cables. Ensure that the HDMI cables are securely connected to the TV and the external device. If there are any loose connections, tighten them and restart the TV.
Make sure that all your cable connections with a TV or streaming device are not broken. You can also try disconnecting your streaming device and then reconnecting to fix unknown errors.
- Check that the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the TV and the device you are connecting.
- Try using a different HDMI cable to see if the problem is with the cable itself.
- Try connecting the device to a different HDMI port on the TV to see if the problem is with the port.
- Try connecting the device to a different TV to see if the problem is with the device itself.
- HDMI error also causes TV keep turning off.
Check your Remote Control
Make sure your remote control is functioning correctly and the buttons are not stuck or malfunctioning. You can also try replacing the batteries. Otherwise, you have to change your remote control for your TCL TV.
Clear Cache of TCL Smart TV
Find the app that keeps taking you back to the home screen and clear its cache and data.
Once the cache has been cleared, you should notice that your TCL Smart TV performs better and responds faster. Clearing the cache can also help to resolve issues such as freezing or crashing
Note that clearing the cache will not delete any of your personal data or settings. If you want to clear both the cache and data, you can select the “Clear Data” option instead.
Check the Power Source
Sometimes, you keep on the power button from your remote but your TV shows a black screen only. The reason could be that your TCL Roku TV hasn’t been turned on. You can verify this by checking the power indicator on your TV.
You must check the power outlet and ensure that it is delivering power to the source at adequate voltage. If the power outlet is faulty, change it before it may damage your TV. This may be why your TCL TV keeps returning to the home screen.
Reset Your Internet Router
Sometimes, the problem is not at all with your TV or streaming device but with your Wi-Fi router.
Disable Bandwidth Saver Function on TCL TV
This feature is used to cease activities after equal intervals of time to prevent the overuse of data or the internet.
Follow the steps below to disable:
- Press the Home button on your TCL Roku remote to open the main screen.
- Scroll to the right, navigate the screen, and highlight the channel you want to remove or delete.
- Press the display options menu.
- Scroll down and highlight Remove Channel.
- Press the button to confirm the selection.
Restart your Roku Device
We performed this at the very beginning of troubleshooting with our TCL TV. But, now we will restart our streaming device.
Factory Reset Your Roku
If none of the above solutions work, you may have to resort to a factory reset. A factory reset will erase all the data and settings on your TCL TV, so make sure to back up any critical data before proceeding.
To do a factory reset:
Contact Customer Support
If the problem persists even after trying all the above solutions, it may be time to contact TCL customer support. TCL has a dedicated customer support team that can help you with any technical issues you may be facing. You can reach them through their website or by calling their toll-free number.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do when TCL TV remote is not working?
- First, restart your TV by following the route: Settings on remote > More Settings > Device Preferences > About > Restart.
- Now, insert new batteries in your remote. Make sure that your old batteries are not in the remote before starting.
How to scan TCL TV for malware and viruses?
- Click settings menu from your remote.
- Now, click System in general settings.
- Tap on security > Scan.
Why does the TV always start up on the Home screen?
Must set Settings > Power on behavior > Select “Last Input.” Because, in case of Roku or Android TV, Power on behavior settings may be set to “Home Screen.”
How To Turn Off Demo Mode On TCL TV?
Go to System > Retail mode settings > Demo mode and tap it to turn off.
Hi, This is Azam, Founder of smarthomehut.com. I have a special interest in Audio products and I have used multiple Audio and sound-related products with almost every version of the headphones and Airpods. I also have learned Automation, Home Automated Security, and the internet of things which I guide people about. Now, I write detailed information on every issue and every feature of headphones, Alexa (Echo devices), Home security devices AirPods, or earbuds and also review them according to my personal utility experience.