Sony TV Blinks Red Light 6 Times | Fix in Seconds
If your Sony TV is blinking red light 6 times, there could be a problem with the power supply or a fault with the LED indicator. This article explores the possible causes and solutions for this issue.
Fix Your Sony TV Blinking Red Light 6 Times
Possible Causes for the [Sony TV Blinks Red Light 6 Times] Error
Faulty LED Indicator
If the LED indicator is faulty, it can cause your TV to blink red light six times. This issue may be due to a loose connection, a blown capacitor, or other internal damage.
Power Supply Issue
A power supply problem is the most common cause of the [Sony TV Blinks Red Light 6 Times] error. It means that there’s an issue with the power supply unit or the LED driver board.
Overheating can also cause your Sony TV to blink red light six times. If your television’s internal temperature rises above a certain level, it will shut down automatically to prevent damage.
Sony TV Blinks Red Light 6 Times | Fix in 8 Steps
First, We will try to fix the issue with some general solutions which most of the time prove to be helpful.
Power Cycle Your TV
This basic reset is a proven approach to fix unknown errors which appear temporarily.
Change Power Outlet
You must ensure that there is power provided to your TV from the main power outlet. The power issue mostly causes a flickering TV screen. If you are using a Surge protector, you must remove it temporarily.
The surge protector keeps the voltage clean and constant. In case of any release of High voltage, your device will be protected. But, there is a chance that it is blocking the current supplied to your TV.
- First, change your power outlet and plug in your TV to another socket.
- Now, turn on your TV.
- If there was an issue due to the current, it must be resolved now.
Check HDMI and Power cables
Sometimes, your HDMI cable becomes loose over time and it doesn’t make the connection intact. Sometimes, power cables are damaged due to a heavy current flux passed through your wiring cables which is why we use Surge Protectors.
So, both of the above reasons may cause your TV screen to flicker. If you are also using a Streaming device such as Roku, or Firestick, You must perform the following steps to diagnose the problem.
- Check that the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the TV and the device you are connecting.
- Try using a different HDMI cable to see if the problem is with the cable itself.
- Try connecting the device to a different HDMI port on the TV to see if the problem is with the port.
- Try connecting the device to a different TV to see if the problem is with the device itself.
- HDMI error also causes TV keep turning off.
Check the LED Indicator
Another possible solution is to check the LED indicator itself. You can do this by examining the connections, looking for any signs of damage or lose components, and testing the indicator with a multimeter.
If you find any issues, you may need to replace the LED indicator or have it repaired.
Check for Dirt In The Vents
Must ensure that there are no dirty vents because these dirty holes may cause the red light to blink 6 times. Clean all the dirt and clear the vents which are blocking the air. Ensure that you don’t use any wet wipes which may harm your device.
Inspect the Circuit Boards For Red Light Indicator Error
If you’re experiencing the Sony Bravia TV Red Light Blinking issue, there is a temporary fix that you can try but this is quite a working method. You will need to take out the backboard of the TV and locate the power board. The Backlight issue is also resolved through the main board which causes the Black screen on TVs.
Once you have done that, you will see screws that you need to remove. The screws have arrow marks that indicate where they are.
There will be two sections. The first section is where the power board is located. You can identify the power board by the cable where you connect your adapter. The power board goes all the way to the main board, and there are 14 wires in between.
To apply the fix, you need to focus on the wires. One of the wires corresponds to the red light blinking issue. The wire is connected to the backlight of the TV, and it triggers the red light blinking when there is an error.
Once you have found the wires that correspond to the issue, you need to cut the fourth wire from the top, which is the backlight error wire.
After cutting the wire, you need to ground it in any of the screws on the board. We hope this guide helps you fix the issue with your Sony Bravia TV.
Replace Faulty Capacitors
There are several symbols that can indicate a faulty capacitor:
Replace capacitors by following the steps below:
- First, take a soldering iron and note the pin on the board to which the capacitor is attached.
- Now, remove the faulty capacitor by applying heat and melting it carefully.
- Arrange a new capacitor with the same Voltage, Temperature, and Micro Farads.
Check Issue with Backlight
I recommend you check the following points before moving forward.
- Check the brightness and contrast settings on your TV. Make sure that the brightness and contrast are set to a comfortable level for viewing.
- Check the backlight settings on your TV. Some TV models have a backlight setting that can be adjusted. Look for this setting in the TV’s menu and adjust it as needed.
- Check the power saver mode on your TV. Some TCL TV models have a power saver mode that can affect the backlight. Look for this setting in the TV’s menu and turn it off if it is on.
Now, bring a flashlight close to your TV screen and see if there are controls and text visible to you. You can also use your remote control to change the settings and witness moving prompts and settings. If you see text on your screen, this issue is with LED lights of TV and it is not a big issue. You can implement one of the two steps below.
- Exchange In-warranty TV
- Replacing TCL LED Backlight Strips
Exchange In-warranty TV
Chose a new TCL TV if your TV is under warranty. TCL will replace free of cost and you don’t even have to pay a technician fee as well.
Replacing TCL LED Backlight Strips
- A strip consists of multiple LED lights and an issue in one of the LEDs can cause the whole strip to not work.
- Turn off the TV and unplug it from the electrical outlet.
- Remove the back panel of the TV. This will typically involve removing screws or snaps that hold the panel in place.
- Refer to the TV’s user manual for specific instructions on how to remove the back panel.
- Locate the LED backlight strips. These will typically be located along the edges of the TV’s screen.
- Disconnect the LED backlight strips from the TV’s circuit board. This will typically involve unplugging connectors or removing screws that hold the strips in place.
- Carefully remove the old LED backlight strips from the TV.
- Install the new LED backlight strips. Make sure that they are properly connected to the TV’s circuit board and securely in place.
- Reattach the back panel of the TV and replace any screws or snaps that were removed.
- Plug the TV back in and turn it on.
Factory Reset the TV
Now, let go of the “up” button and wait for the TV to reset itself. When it’s finished, it will be as if you just bought the TV brand new, so you’ll need to go through the initial setup process again. This includes selecting your language, connecting to Wi-Fi, and so on.
Contact Sony Support
If you have tried all the above methods and you are unable to resolve the Red light blinking issue, you must contact Sony Support. If your TV is under warranty, you can ask Sony to exchange your TV otherwise, they might help you in getting the issue fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the four blinking red lights on my Sony Bravia?
Four blinking red lights on my Sony Braviabacklight inverter or power board.
Is this a common issue with Sony TVs?
While this issue is not extremely common, it can happen to any TV, regardless of the brand.
How can I prevent this issue from happening in the future?
Unfortunately, there is no surefire way to prevent this issue from happening. However, keeping your TV clean and well-maintained can help prevent other issues from occurring.
How long will it take to repair my Sony TV?
The length of time it takes to repair your Sony TV will depend on the severity of the issue and the availability of parts. Your technician will be able to give you an estimate of how long the repair will take.
How much will it cost to repair my Sony TV?
The cost of repairing your Sony TV will depend on the extent of the damage and the cost of the replacement parts. Your technician will be able to provide you with an estimate of the total cost.
Can I still use my Sony TV if it is blinking red light 6 times?
It is not recommended to use your Sony TV if it is blinking red light 6 times, as it may indicate a serious problem with the backlight system. Continuing to use the TV may cause further damage.
How many times should I try resetting my Sony TV before giving up?
Sony itself suggests trying resetting at least 5 times. So, keep trying on unless you are successful with a relevant solution.
Can a Sony TV be repaired?
You can get reliable and quality customer service from Sony officials.
Mahnoor has graduated from AI Security Specific Program at PIASS. She has a special interest in technology especially Automated gadgets and Automated Robots. She has also studied programming and Windows security.
She is now serving as Professor at PIASS teaching a major in AI. She has got herself into content gathering and now at smarthomehut, she often writes about Alexa programming skills and how different automated related devices and how tackle their various issues.
You can find her @
More Info About Smarthomehut