Roomba Clean Button Not Working | Fix in 5 Ways
Roomba is an Artificial Intelligence supportive device that performs well all around your home to get it cleaned. But, it may get into trouble, so it requires attention to address it technically.
If your Roomba Button is not working, or you are getting problems with Roomba in cleaning, just stay with us and we will explain how to fix it by yourself in seconds.
- The Roomba button may not work in the following circumstances
- The Roomba battery is defective or is not charged well.
- Roomba Doc’s contact points are not working.
- Roomba has stuck due to a lot of dust in it.
You have to follow the simple guidelines in order to make the Clean button work again.
- Roomba device needs a full clean because dust and debris particles are stuck deeply affecting the device’s performance.
- The Roomba charger or battery needs troubleshooting or replacement.
- Roomba device needs a reboot to resolve any unknown errors.
- There is a need for rest for the device to make it work again.
Check Roomba Battery
Before following any step, you must ensure that your Roomba battery is providing the necessary power to your robot vacuum.
You can turn off your Roomba and then turn it on again. If the LED indicators on the Roomba device do not blink, it means that there are some errors in the battery which need to get Reset or your Battery needs a replacement.
You can implement a few steps in order to fix the battery issue:
- Remove the battery from the Roomba device.
- Press the Clean button about 5-7 times.
- Now, re-install the battery and charge your Roomba.
- Now, you must charge your
- Now, you must charge your battery for about 48 hours and then check whether you see any improvement.
- Check if the LED indicator is turning on or not.
- Otherwise, you have to change the battery by following the method discussed below.
Change the Battery
Sometimes, Roomba batteries may get overheated due to their much use in a day and no rest is provided to them. They usually have a lifespan of 1-2 years which depends on the usage and care. If they have completed their maximum charging cycles, you can’t expect to feel some impairment in their performance and they also get warm
iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum
Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets
- First of all, you must ensure that you use genuine batteries which are recommended by Roomba and are compatible with the device.
- Never use fake batteries because they will impair performance and will damage the device as well.
- Change your batteries after the completion of their charging cycles.
- If you have an old battery, you can use that to check whether it works.
Most electronic devices work properly when they are restarted after any issue in them. Because, sometimes, there may be a software malfunction that is stopping the device to work properly. If your Clean button is not working, I assure you that it will be resolved immediately.
For S and I series models
- First of all, press Clean and hold it for about 20 seconds until the white LED starts spinning wait for a few seconds.
- Now, let the Roomba turn on and check if it is working properly.
For the 700, 800, and 900 series
- First of all, press Clean and hold it for about 20 seconds until you hear a beep.
- Now, let the Roomba turn on and your device will be rebooted.
Reset a Roomba
If you are unable to get the solution from all the above-mentioned methods, you must try resetting your Roomba which will surely help you.
- First of all, hold on to Spot and Doc for almost 10 seconds until it gets off.
- Now, turn it back on without the cover.
- So, you will experience a bigger light without the cover.
(I have done this reset for my model 560 series but it is almost the same for other models as well.)
- You should leave the button when you hear a special beep.
- Now, your reset will be completed.
- Make sure that you keep the Roomba on the charging base for a little longer time.
Clean Roomba Apartment Completely
If you have not opened your Roomba device for a long time, you just need to clean the whole device completely. Basically, dust and dirt particles stick in there for a long time and they impair and block its working.
Take a vacuum cleaner and go through all the surface area below the back cover thoroughly. You should clean the sensors and flip sensors in your Roomba properly to wipe out the dust all around. Make sure that you place the wheel back after fixing it in the first step when you are done cleaning Roomba.
Clean the Filter
If you want to keep your Roomba running at peak performance, you must perform a few simple maintenance tasks regularly.
One basic step is Emptying the bin and cleaning the Filter.
- Open the bin door and empty it into the trash.
- Push down and remove to clean the filter.
- Now, you should slide back the filter.
- The filter must be replaced every Two months.
- Return the filter to the bin and place the bin back in the Roomba.
Clean Charging points of Battery
Sometimes, there is no issue with the battery and charging points are dirty enough to not make any contact with the battery
First of all, you will see four screws on each corner of the back of the Roomba which has placed the battery fixed in its place.
You have to loosen all the screws one by one. Screws are not pulled out. They just get loosened and the outer part comes out wholly.
Now, you will pull the battery out and clean its surface points with a clean cloth. You will place the battery again in the compartment. Here, you will see a little brush that you have to hold, keep and pull upward.
Now, tighten all the screws and fit the cover completely. Plug the charger of Roomba with it and check whether it starts charging.
Clean Metal Contacts of Roomba
First of all, take a clean cloth that you use to wipe your smartphone’s screen. This is the most effective way of cleaning, you just take your finger and clean the whole surface of charging contacts.
If you are done cleaning the surface, you have to put back Roomba on the charger and check if it stops giving the error and if it is charging correctly. Now, you are good to go.
Fix Non-Working Button of Roomba
- First of all, open Roomba’s back covers by opening all its screws. There are 4 screws that have to hold the bumper followed by a small piece of connector that needs to be removed. Must remove the side brush as well.
- Now, when you are done, you will separate out the User-Interface Panel held by 3 screws inside.
- Here you will see 4 buttons attached with tape.
- Now, clean the 4 contacts with a paper towel or cotton swab with 70% or higher Isopropyl Alcohol.
- Reassemble all the parts as it is and now your Clan button will be operating.
If you have tried all the approaches mentioned above and you are unable to find the solution, this indicates that the problem is in your device by the factory. You must contact the Official Roomba Support.
They will surely guide you to the best and resolve your problem. Hopefully, You will get a new battery.
iRobot Roomba E5 Robot Vacuum
Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix my Roomba cleaning head module?
- First of all, start Roomba by turning it upside down.
- Remove the side-sweeping brush with the help of a screwdriver.
- Loose all the screws and open the back of the cover.
- Press the Binn button to remove it.
- Now, loose all the screws which have held the Cleaning Head Module.
- Now, you can fix or replace the Cleaning Head Module.
How do I reset my Roomba CLEAN base?
First of all, press and hold the Home and Spot Clean and Clean buttons for almost 20 seconds. Make sure that you don’t release the buttons during this time period.
In 900 series, you may need to press and hold these buttons until the LED light illuminates to indicate the robot vacuum has been reset.
Are Roombas repairable?
Yes! Like any other device, Roombas are also repairable. But, you have to identify the error to ensure that you implement the right solution.
Let’s suppose you are facing a charging error, you can fix it by following any of the two.
If you are facing a Roomba (Move to another Location) error, fix it by following the Article.
You can also take support from a technician or you can also contact Roomba, they will be happy to assist you.
What does it mean when the iRobot clean button is blue?
You can note the behavior of light and see what it actually needs in order to fix it.
- Blue ping: Keep Out Zone detected.
- Flashing blue: Dirt Detect™ activated.
- Blue sweep forwards: Emptying bin into Clean Base® Automatic Dirt Disposal.
Why is my Roomba running but not vacuuming?
Remove the brushes and clean any hair or dust particles around the brushes.
Remove the bearings and clear any hair or debris particles. Re-install the bearings on the multi-surface brushes.
Why is the clean button blinking on my Roomba?
When your Roomba is on its base while charging and blinking, it means that an auto-update is taking place. You don’t need to worry in this case and let it complete.
How do I get my Roomba back online?
- You can track your Roomba from the iRobot app.
- Go to the iRobot app and press the Three Dots in the bottom corner of the screen.
- Now, tap the Locate button.
- Roomba will start ringing guiding you to its location.
How Do You Manually Start A Roomba?
There will be a Clean button on top of the Robot vacuum. Just press it once to wake it up and on the second go, it will start cleaning and vacuuming your home.
Hamza is a passionate technical writer with more than 5 years of experience. He has a keen interest in PC games, and Windows OS Security Systems. He loves technology and Alexa products and he has used multiple automated gadgets at home, with almost every version of the Echo and Rumbas especially. Now, He writes detailed information on every issue and feature of Alexa, Echo, and other smart and automated gadgets and also reviews them according to my use and personal utility experience.