Roomba may give you some errors when you set it to recharge which must be resolved to make it functional. One of the charging errors is ‘Roomba Charging Error 2.’ Whenever I set to charge my Roomba, it says Hey! The battery is not charging. Basically, it had suffered a charging error 2.
What is Charging Error 1 on a Roomba?
The following issues may cause the problem, and we will implement the right solution. All the following issues head towards the same issue, Battery is not detected.
- The battery is not fitted perfectly in its apartment (Loose connection points of Roomba battery)
- The Roomba battery is not genuine. (Roomba uses iRobot Lithium-Ion Battery)
- There is some obstruction between the battery charging points and the Roomba charger. (Charging points are uncleaned)
- Contact Roomba Support
How to fix Roomba Charging Error 2?
1. Always use genuine Battery
Most of the errors in the battery are due to the usage of non-original batteries. iRobot always refers its consumers to using official and genuine Lithium-Ion Batteries. Because local batteries are not compatible and they create faults as well which harms their functional performance too.
Always use genuine parts, batteries, and other accessories recommended by Roomba. Because local or fake batteries may work for you for a while but the Roomba will soon stop detecting non-original batteries and Roomba won’t charge.
2. Clean Charging points of Battery
Roomba battery is fitted on the back side of your device and it is tightened with multiple screws on each corner of the device.
- First of all, unscrew all the screws with the help of a screwdriver.
- Now. pull out the back cover of your Roomba device.
- Pull out the battery carefully.
- It is a little hard to draw the battery out, so make sure you don’t damage it.
- Now, clean its surface points with a clean cloth.
- Tighten up all the screws and put its cover back on your device.
|Read About: Roomba Charging Error 1 | Fix in Seconds|
3. Remove Obstruction
Whenever you open the back cover and battery of Roomba, always make sure that you check that there is no obstructive object stuck like hair or dirt particles. Actually, they block the connection area and don’t pass the power.
When you purchase Roomba for the first time, it is possible that you have not removed the yellow cover which is inserted inside and you have to pull it out to make it operative.
iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum
Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets
4. Install the battery correctly
If you have tried the methods given above and have opened your Roomba device, then closed its cover and tightened the screws tightly, you might have misplaced the correct position of seating of the battery.
- Always tighten up all the screws to make sure the cover doesn’t get loose.
- Make sure that you check battery points are in contact with Roomba metal contacts.
- Check that there is no obstructive object within it.
How to Reset a Roomba Battery
If you are unable to get the solution from all the above-mentioned methods, you must try resetting your Roomba which will surely help you.
- First of all, hold on to Spot and Doc for almost 10 seconds until it gets off.
- Now, turn it back on without the cover.
- So, you will experience a bigger light without the cover.
(I have done this reset for my model 560 series but it is almost the same for other models as well.)
- You should leave the button when you hear a special beep.
- Now, your reset will be completed.
- Make sure that you keep the Roomba on the charging base for a little longer time.
|Reading Recommendation: Fix Roomba Not Cleaning All Rooms|
If you have tried all the approaches mentioned above and you are unable to find the solution, this indicates that the problem is in your device by the factory. You must contact the official Roomba support.
They will surely guide you to the best and resolve your problem. Hopefully, You will get a new battery.
You must always use genuine batteries recommended by Roomba. The use of counterfeit batteries may give you a charging error 2.
You must always check and make sure that there is no destructive object stuck inside.
You should clean the contact points and make sure the connection is all right.
I hope that you have enjoyed the article. If you have any comments, don’t hesitate to comment below.
Enjoy Reading Too:
People Also Ask
Originally from Pakistan Azam, the Founder of smarthomehut.com has a keen interest in Audio products and has used multiple Audio and sound-related products with almost every version of the headphones and AirPods.
Azam has got a degree in Bachelors in Computer Science with a specialization in Home Automation and Security having experience of 3 years in automation, which has allowed him to guide people on what He has learned, observed, and analyzed to solve their problems with tech and automated gadgets.
He has done jobs in various companies across Pakistan i,e; Tech Resolver Ltd and Soft Care Ltd.
Now, He has been writing detailed information on every issue and every feature of headphones, Alexa (Echo devices), Home security devices AirPods, or earbuds and also reviewing them for 2 years.
You can find him @
More Info About Smarthomehut