Do you need help with the sound on your Onn Roku TV? Does the sound intermittently cut out, echo, or seem out of sync when watching a movie or TV show? Don’t worry- We have found five solutions that will work to fix your issue.
Onn. 50″ Class 4K (2160P)
6 Steps To Fix Onn TV Sound Issues
You must sort out the main problem to reach the relevant solution. There are many factors that lead to sound issues on your Onn TV. When you find your exact problem, you can implement the following solutions to get your TV back with no sound issues.
Restart your TV
Unplug the TV
This is a simple power cycle for your TV. But, it helps much in resolving temporary issues with your TV
If the sound issue persists, unplug the TV from the wall outlet, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. Turn the TV on and see if the sound is now working properly.
Check TV’s Cables Connections
There are sometimes loose/broken cable connections that cause issues and We must recommend you point out those loose cables, especially audio cables connected to the sound bar, AV Receiver or Transmitter, and fix them all first.
Reset the audio and picture settings
If the sound problem persists, reset the audio and picture settings.
- Press the home button on your remote.
- Go down to settings, then move over to the right and select system.
- Go down to Advanced system settings and select Reset TV audio/picture settings.
- Tap the play button three times to reset the audio and picture.
Once the TV is back on, check the sound to see if it’s working properly. Now, there are some more settings to make sure that you don’t leave any errors behind from your side.
- First, Go to Your Setting from the menu. You can access it from your remote control.
- Now, Click on the Sound option.
- Here, you have the option to pick the sound format option.
- Click on ‘None, Never use surround sound’
- Now, Go back to your remote and access Sound
- Select Dolby Digital.
- If you are using an external device, make sure that you switch the Digital Audio Format To PCM.
Disable Volume Mode
To change your Volume Mode setting, start the movie or television show you want to watch using your Roku remote. Press the [*] button on the remote, and you will see the option for Volume Mode. Navigate down to it, and use the left and right arrows to select the mode you want.
- Select Off – This mode means that the sound is unmodified, and the volume is not adjusted automatically.
Factory reset TV
If none of the above solutions work, the final step is to perform a factory reset on the TV. Go to settings, select system, and then select factory reset.
This will reset the TV to its original settings, so be aware that you will lose all data, including installed apps and personal settings.
Enjoy Reading Too:
Onn. 50″ Class 4K (2160P)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Roku TV not playing sound?
Make sure that your TV volume is not muted and that it is set to enough audible volume. Make sure that audio cables are correctly connected to an external device.
Do Onn TVs have audio output?
- Press Menu button on Remote Control.
- Go to Menu > Sound > Digital Audio Output.
- Now, select Raw. Menu > Sound > Surround Sound > Select On.
Originally from Pakistan, being a young lad in Tech industry, Hamza has a keen interest in PC games, and Windows OS Security Systems. He loves technology and Alexa products and he has used multiple automated gadgets at home, with almost every version of the Echo and Rumbas especially.
He is recently studying advanced AI and Machine Learning at ITU Pakistan. Now, He has also involved himself in Aurdino products to study advanced Robotics. His degree is Bachelor’s in Computer Science but his Specialization has taken him to a higher positions at various job positions.
Now, He writes detailed information on every issue and feature of Alexa, Echo, and other smart and automated gadgets and also reviews them according to my use and personal utility experience.
Hamza has been providing people with different troubleshoots related to robotics, and AI since 2020 and He has attached himself with smarthomehut in 2022
You can find him @
More Info About Smarthomehut