If you live in a place where you are more concerned about security, you may need a ring Peephole device that helps to enhance the security and easy recognition of another side of the door.
Home security cameras have been very important and become part of every home’s essential need, keeping in mind security. Installing a ring peephole camera on the door without a peephole is quite a hard task because camera installation involves technicalities that must be handled with due care and perfection. The ring can be installed without the need for special tools work.
If you have the right tools then installing a ring peephole camera where there is already a peephole in the door can be done easily.
12 Steps to install a Ring Peephole Camera without a peephole
1. Charge the Ring Peephole Camera battery
Before implementing any step, you need to make sure that you charge the peephole camera battery fully. You must use the cable which has been provided in the pack. Now connect your cable to the USB port and charge the battery.
LED will be lit indicating the battery has been fully charged. It can take up to 10 hours to get your battery fully charged.
2. Drill a hole into the door
If you already have a peephole, you don’t need to worry, you can simply remove it.
But, if you have no peephole, you have to drill a hole and do make sure that you make a hole of an appropriate size.
You can drill a hole by following the steps mentioned below. Make sure that you keep enough optimization for the design and inclination of the peephole.
- You must check for an appropriate height where you can see comfortably from the door.
- On the door’s indoor side, place the Peephole Key’s flat edge on your peephole and rotate a little bit counter-clockwise to unscrew it.
- Check appropriately the center of the door. You can use tape for this purpose to mark horizontally and vertically.
- Drill equally from the other side of the door.
3. Remove Paint
- If there is paint on the door, you may have to clean it up.
- You can remove the paint with the help of a peephole key from the inside and outside as well.
- Make sure that you clear up the surface and make it smooth after drilling a hole. You can use the peephole key and run it all through.
4. Install the Peephole Cam outdoor unit
You have to insert the tube through the hole drilled in the door. You will have a camera and a tube. If you have any tape available inside the door, you can now simply remove it.
5. Check if the Peephole Adapter Can Fit Onto the Tube
There is a peephole adapter available with the camera which rests between the tube and the peephole.
- Place the adapter over the tube and slide it toward the hole.
- Now, you have to check if it slides easily and you can insert the adapter and adjust it with the door otherwise you don’t need an adapter.
6. Remove the cover
The indoor unit is made up of white plastic and this assembly does not have a tube.
Remove the cover of the body by pulling it apart.
7. Put the Indoor Unit Over the Tube
You just have to slide the indoor assembly onto the tube and adjust it to the length that it is flushed. Make sure that you have ample support for the outside unit to avoid it from falling down.
|Read more on getting your home automated: 5 Steps To Find Ecobee Registration Code|
8. Remove the connector cable
You need to hold the tab and remove the connector cable by simply drawing out of the tube.
Make sure that you remove it gently because it is a bit delicate and your forcing it may end up damaging the cable.
9. Join the indoor and outdoor Peephole Cam assemblies
Place the nut over the tube and into the hole. Make sure that you fit the nut tight enough that it doesn’t rotate itself so that there is no chance of losing it. You may use a peephole key for tightening purposes.
Make sure that you have a strong grip on the outdoor camera which may slide a bit and misplaced.
10. Plug in the connector
Press the connector a little bit into the port on the indoor unit of the peephole camera. Make sure that you pull the cable gently as hard pressure may break the cable.
11. Install the Battery
Slide the battery into its compartment at the bottom of the peephole camera. There will be a little sound guiding you about the adjustment of the right place of the battery that has been set. Make sure that you charge the battery fully.
The Green LED is turned on and the Orange LED is turned on indicating that the battery is fully charged if both lights are still turned on, let the battery charge.
12. Setup Ring Peephole Camera
Follow the steps below to set up the RIng Peephole camera with your mobile app.
- First of all, download and install the Ring app from the Play Store.
- Select “Create Account.”
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
- If you already have another Ring device installed, open the Ring app.
- Click on Setup a Device.
- Find the code on the box and scan it with the help of the camera.
- Enter your location in the app.
- Name Your Device to differentiate it from any other Ring setup better.
- Connect your phone with the Ring network.
- Now, that you have completed the previous steps, it’s time to connect your camera with wifi connection.
Enjoy Reading Too:
Installing a Ring Peephole Camera without a Peephole is a difficult and time taking task and you need to be a little technician and responsible in doing it. If you already have a peephole, you can do it in simple steps without drilling a hole in the door.
We have guided you in detail about drilling a hole in the door, charging the battery, clearing the surface, and a few other steps which are necessary to install the Ring Peephole Camera.
I hope that you will successfully install the Ring Peephole Camera by following the steps mentioned above in detail and if you have any comments, don’t hesitate to comment below.
Enjoy Reading Too:
People Also Ask
About This Blog Website
Originally from Pakistan, being a young lad in Tech industry, Hamza has a keen interest in PC games, and Windows OS Security Systems. He loves technology and Alexa products and he has used multiple automated gadgets at home, with almost every version of the Echo and Rumbas especially.
He is recently studying advanced AI and Machine Learning at ITU Pakistan. Now, He has also involved himself in Aurdino products to study advanced Robotics. His degree is Bachelor’s in Computer Science but his Specialization has taken him to a higher positions at various job positions.
Now, He writes detailed information on every issue and feature of Alexa, Echo, and other smart and automated gadgets and also reviews them according to my use and personal utility experience.
Hamza has been providing people with different troubleshoots related to robotics, and AI since 2020 and He has attached himself with smarthomehut in 2022
You can find him @
More Info About Smarthomehut