How to Reset Toshiba TV Without Remote
At some point, you may encounter a problem with your Toshiba TV that can only be resolved by resetting it and You don’t even have its remote control.
Toshiba provides two different reset procedures for their TVs: one for when you can access the menus, and another for when you can’t.
How to Soft Reset Toshiba TV Without Remote
This basic reset will also help you in fixing Toshiba TV if it keeps turning off.
Reset Toshiba TV Without Remote
- First, locate the power button on your Toshiba Fire TV. It could be on the left, right, or bottom of the TV, depending on the model you have. Unplug the TV and press and hold the power button.
- While holding the button, plug the TV back in and keep holding it until the Toshiba logo appears. This will boot you into the Android recovery menu.
- Now, scroll down to the option that says “wipe data/factory reset” using the power button. Then press and hold the power button to select it. You will receive a warning that the factory reset cannot be undone, so proceed with caution.
- Scroll down to “Yes” and select it by pressing and holding the power button. The data wipe process will begin, and you must wait for it to complete.
After the process is complete, scroll down to “reboot system now” and select it by pressing and holding the power button. The TV will turn off and start the factory reset process. Now, wait for the TV to turn on which may take one to two minutes.
Now, you will be taken to the setup process. If you have the original remote, it will not work as it’s not paired. To pair it, press and hold the home button for 10 seconds. Then, wait for one minute, and your remote should start working. If it doesn’t work, repeat the pairing process and wait for a double beep.
Factory Reset Non-WiFi Toshiba TV With Remote
This procedure will reset your TV to its factory defaults, which means that all of your settings and channels will be reset to their original values.
To begin, press the MENU button on your remote to open the menu. You can access Menu without a remote by following the steps in the section below after this step. If your menu looks like the one shown in the picture below, select the SETUP icon.
If your menu looks different, follow these steps instead:
After confirming the reset, your TV may turn off automatically to complete the process. Wait for a minute, then plug the TV back in. The next time you start the TV, you will need to make initial startup decisions. Your Toshiba TV should now be reset to its factory out-of-box state.
How to Reset Toshiba Fire TV Edition
Before continuing, ensure that your TV is connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or a direct cable connection. Select “Continue” to initiate the factory reset process.
How To Do Toshiba Service Menu Factory Reset
How to Reset Toshiba TV Password
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it in a few steps.
How do I reset my TV without a picture?
- Unplug your TV from the power outlet.
- Wait for a few seconds here.
- Press and hold the power button for about 1 minute.
- Now, plug your TV back into the power outlet.
- You can contact Toshiba customer support for any other query.
Enjoy Reading Too:
Mahnoor has graduated from AI Security Specific Program at PIASS. She has a special interest in technology especially Automated gadgets and Automated Robots. She has also studied programming and Windows security.
She is now serving as Professor at PIASS teaching a major in AI. She has got herself into content gathering and now at smarthomehut, she often writes about Alexa programming skills and how different automated related devices and how tackle their various issues.
You can find her @
More Info About Smarthomehut