If you have the Smart LG TV and you have not installed apps from the LG Content store then you are missing a lot of fun and entertainment.
How to install 3rd party apps on LG smart tv?
- Press the Home button from your remote.
- Now, go to apps by picking the option Select more apps.
- Open the LG Content Store.
- Now, click premium from the option given.
- You can select the app which you want to install on your LG TV.
- It will be downloaded and installed on your LG TV.
Recommendation: How to Install 3rd Party Apps on Samsung Smart TV
Can You Install 3rd Party Apps on Your LG Smart TV?
If you have to download the app which is available on the LG Content store then you can easily download, install the app and enjoy your favorite shows through the app on your LG smart TV.
But, if the app is not available on TV. You can’t download a third-party app from an unknown source.
Most LG TVs run on Web OS or Netcast and they don’t support apps from unknown resources.
Happily! There are some extensions that help you on streaming your favorite media and programs. These extensions include Amazon Firestick, Google Chromecast, AppleTV, and Roku.
LG 65-In Alexa Built-in 4K Smart TV
Features: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet, AI-Powered 4K
3 ways to install 3rd party apps on LG Smart TV
1. Install 3rd party apps using Amazon FireStick
If your favorite app is not available on the LG content store, you still have got an idea to download 3rd-party apps by using Amazon Firestick and then try downloading through it.
You may find it difficult to download the app involving Amazon Firestick due to the various steps involved. Just follow the steps mentioned below to download without any issues.
- First of all, Go to Amazon Firestick Menu.
- You will see a play button, click it to access the Fire Stick setup screen.
- Now, you have to select the language which you want to use.
- The next step is the configuration of the Internet with Amazon Firestick. It will auto-search for the networks available. Just put the password of your internet connection and you are all set to go ahead.
- Now, follow the instruction on the screen and register.
|Reading Recommendation: LG TV Airplay Not Working[Solved]|
You have successfully configured Amazon Firestick. Now, you have to install the apps on your LG Smart TV through Amazon Firestick. Follow the instructions below for the step-by-step guide to installing apps using Firestick.
Amazon Firestick can play a couple of media and games including:
- Installing apps.
- Playing games.
Make sure, you have created an account on Amazon to allow Amazon Firestick to connect with your LG Smart TV.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick to your LG Smart TV using HDMI.
- Plug the power adapter of the Amazon Firestick into the power outlet.
- Now, turn on your TV and go to the input menu of LG TV.
- Select Amazon Firestick and turn it on.
- You can open any browser there and then search for the app you wish to download.
- Download the Apk file and install it on your LG TV.
- Ensure that you have an active internet connection on all the devices.
- Amazon Firestick enables you to access Bally Sports, Netflix, and other 3rd-party apps.
2. Install 3rd party apps using Google Chromecast
You can have your favorite apps for fun, entertainment, and other purposes on your LG Smart TV by using Google Chromecast if your LG Content Store does not have your favorite app.
You can use Google Chromecast to mirror content to the screen of your Smart TV.
Just follow the steps mentioned below to successfully install apps using Google Chromecast on your LG Smart TV.
- First of all, connect your Google Chromecast with your LG TV using an HDMI port.
- Press the TV power button and input the menu button until you see the Google Chromecast option on your TV screen.
- Download the app from your Google play store if you’re using any mobile device.
- Now, you will be redirected to the screen “Get Started.”
- Log in to your preferred Google account.
- Select “New Devices” option.
- A code is sent to your LG smart TV, select yes to continue.
- Enter your name and tap continue to screencast your Google Chromecast.
Chromecast also lets you access Google TV very much like Netflix.
3. Install 3rd party apps using LG SmartShare
Fortunately, New LG Smart TVs come with an inbuilt ScreenShare option that allows you to screencast from your PC or Android devices.
- First of all, go to the menu options in your LG Smart TV.
- Now, check for the Smartshare app on your LG Smart TV.
- Turn on the listening button.
- Go to screen mirroring and turn it on.
- Now, you can play any movie or any other media.
- Select your LG Smart TV from the options when you scan for available devices from your phone.
- Make sure that you have active internet on both devices and that they are connected to the same internet.
- Now, you’ll see your phone’s screen displayed on your LG smart TV screen.
How to add external apps to my LG Smart TV?
LG Smart TV uses webOS and this browser is much different from Google. It is simple but not very versatile as Android.
You cannot simply download the apk from the browser of your own choice but which is available on it.
But, the apps available on the LG Content store are premium and they are all good to install like Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, HBO Max, etc.
RootMYTV For LG
RootMyTv is software or firmware used to root a TV device. Rooting a TV allows users to gain administrative rights to the device, which can be used to install custom ROMs, remove pre-installed apps, and access system-level functionality.
It bootstraps the application Homebrew channel and allows it to run with elevated privileges.
It is important to note that rooting a device can void its warranty and cause potential security and stability issues. Before attempting to root your TV, it is recommended to research and understand the risks and consequences.
- Follow Settings → Network → LG Connect Apps and enable the feature.
- Make sure that you have uninstalled the Developer Mode app before rooting.
- Now, open the web browser on your TV and navigate to https://rootmy.tv.
- Slide to root” using a Magic Remote
- Tick the prompt.
- The exploit will proceed automatically. The TV will reboot itself once during this process, and optionally a second time to finalize the installation of the Homebrew Channel. On-screen notifications will indicate the exploit’s progress. On webOS 6.x Home Screen needs to be opened for notifications/prompts to show up.
- Your TV should now have the Homebrew Channel app installed.
How to connect your router to a VPN
- Open the browser on your LG TV.
- Now, mention your IP address there.
- Put in your username and password.
- Connect your TV to the internet.
- Manage your settings and it allows access to apps from other regions.
Using a VPN can allow you to virtually change your location hence accessing apps of other countries which are banned in your country.
How To Uninstall Apps on LG Smart TV
Use the left or right button on the remote to access the Edit Mode.
Delete the unwanted app on the smart LG TV by selecting the X over the individual app tile.
LG C2 Series 48-Inch
OLED Gallery Edition Smart TV AI-Powered 4K, Alexa Built-in
If you have LG Smart TV and you want to access your favorite apps, you can do it by going into the LG Content store on your TV.
If the app is not available there, you can use Amazon Firestick, Google Chromecast, or Smartshare which will connect your device and help you in streaming.
We have guided you in detail on all the steps to help you in implementing the other methods with your LG Smart TV. I hope It has helped you.
Enjoy Reading Too:
Frequently Asked Questions
About This Article
Originally from Pakistan Azam, the Founder of smarthomehut.com has a keen interest in Audio products and has used multiple Audio and sound-related products with almost every version of the headphones and AirPods.
Azam has got a degree in Bachelors in Computer Science with a specialization in Home Automation and Security having experience of 3 years in automation, which has allowed him to guide people on what He has learned, observed, and analyzed to solve their problems with tech and automated gadgets.
He has done jobs in various companies across Pakistan i,e; Tech Resolver Ltd and Soft Care Ltd.
Now, He has been writing detailed information on every issue and every feature of headphones, Alexa (Echo devices), Home security devices AirPods, or earbuds and also reviewing them for 2 years.
You can find him @
More Info About Smarthomehut