Feit Electric has been energy-saving light bulbs and lighting fixtures including CFL, LED string lights, and flashlights since 1978.
Since energy saving is very important as it keeps our environment safe from harmful elements and a lot of research and technology is involved in creating energy-efficient electric gadgets by Feit.
However, there are some drawbacks and problems with Feit LEDs as well as any other electric products which may require some troubleshooting tips, and they will surely be helpful and save you from calling a technician or throwing away your LED bulbs.
In this article, we will be covering some of the common problems which may occur in electric LED bulbs and their possible solutions.
Feit Electric Bulb LED Problems and Solutions
- Feit light bulbs keep disconnecting
- A buzzing noise when the LED bulb is on
- Apps keep Crashing
- Feit LED bulbs flicker
- Heat coming through the LED Bulbs
Feit light bulbs keep disconnecting
Smart electric devices may face connection problems and smart problems are an exemption to it. There may be some problems that just need a simple restart or reset.
These are some of the problems to which you can also relate.
- You may have changed some settings in your internet connection. Remember, if you have changed the username or the password of your wi-fi router.
- Check that your wi-fi router is working properly. Sometimes, the problem is not in the device but in the router. There may be connection problems that are only due to the distance of the router from the smart gadgets which impairs and disconnects the connection.
- Check if your wi-fi network is a 5GHz frequency channel because smart assistant devices don’t support this frequency as it has a shorter range. Feit’s smart bulbs support 2.4GHz frequency. You may see this prompt on Feit’s app that this app only supports only 2.4GHz.
- A proper internet connection is very important. If there is unstable internet which impairs wi-fi performance and causes Smart device to not work properly.
Feit Electric 40 Watt
WiFi Dimmable, Alexa or Google Assistant
You can give a hotspot to another device from where you are operating your app. But, You need to set up your mobile settings from where you have to share the internet connection and make it exactly the same SSID network and convert to 2.4GHz from the settings.
You can connect your Google Home and connect your Feit device there and you can control the smart electric bulbs easily.
You can reset the internet connection on your device. Just forget the username and password. Now, restart the device and check again the connection.
You can boost your wi-fi connection which will improve the connection and if there are too many devices attached to one internet router, you can lower the number of devices or you can increase bandwidth.
You can forget the wi-fi network and restart the app.
For Android Users
- Just go to your settings.
- Then, go to Wireless Networks from the settings.
- You can long press the network which you want to forget.
- Now, restart your phone, connect to a 2.4 GHz network and install the Feit Electric app.
For ios users
- Go to your Wi-Fi
- Now, check the network names and click on ‘i’ button and remove the network and shift to the 2.4 GHz networks.
- Now, restart your phone, connect to a 2.4 GHz network and install the Feit Electric app.
A buzzing noise when the LED bulb is on
Whenever there is unstable or inconsistent voltage, there may be an electric circuit that causes the electric parts to vibrate and ultimately it vibrates.
It may be in the bob of the bulb or in the whole fixture. Usually, the hum is due to low-quality dimmers/switches. If there are many LED bulbs in the room and all are buzzing and if they are connected to the same switch, then surely the dimmer/switch is causing the problem.
If there are let’s suppose 3 bulbs and they are attached with different switches, then there is no problem with the switch/dimmer.
You must first check the voltage if it is lower than normal, you must change it accordingly.
Replace the different components of LED lights or parts of dimmers/switches, you must try narrowing down the reason which actually caused the problem.
If all the lights are bing, try replacing the dimmers all through and check if it works.
You must check if your dimmer is compatible, if it is then surely you can replace the bulb and get a new one from Feit Electric.
|Recommended: Install a Ring Peephole Camera Without a Peephole
Apps keep Crashing
Feit has updated their app version and they have released a new version. If you have the older version, your LEDs may create problems.
It causes a disconnection between the app and smart electric products. It also impairs the performance of LEDs and you may end up getting your device damaged.
- Install and register the new App
- Disable your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection.
- Power off your device for about a few seconds.
- Perform the Reset.
- Now, turn on the device and download the app.
- It will ask you to enter a 4-digit code.
- It will troubleshoot the process.
Feit LED bulbs flicker
- Flickering of the LED bulbs is not a big issue and it may be due to various problems. It may be due to the bad electric supply or the capacitors which are damaged.
- There may be some physical misadjustments of the bulb. It does not fit perfectly into the socket or it may get loose with the passage of time and its base does not fit into the socket.
You have to check which conditions appear true in the flickering of Smart bulbs.
- Check if all the bulbs in the room are flickering or only one or two.
- Check whether they were working perfectly before the problem appears.
- No appliance that draws a lot of power was recently connected to the same network as the bulb.
- Get a replacement bulb from anywhere in the house and fit it as a replacement for a flickering bulb. Make sure that you mount the blub snugly and do not overtighten it. It will better guide you on whether the issue is within the bulb or switch.
- Never connect any high-voltage device in the socket where you have to place your Feit Electric bulb.
- You can change the switch as Feit bulbs have dimers in them.
- Tighten your blub and check if its base goes perfectly inside the socket and fits tightly.
Heat coming through the LED Bulbs
LED bulbs usually release heat which is due to consistent light with the consumption of power wattage. But, if you notice excessive heat which may be a sign of any defect, you must not ignore it.
Usually, when LED bulbs fit into a socket that is not compatible and is made only for regular bulbs, it harms LED bulbs and due to the mismatch between the holder and the LED bulb, heat generates. Proper airflow is necessary for the LED bulbs and you must always use a compatible fixture.
Feit Electric Smart Light Bulbs
RGB Color Changing and Tunable White
If you have used a compatible fixture, you must check the voltage. If it is higher than normal then there is definitely a default in the bulb.
You must always use a fixture for Feit LED bulbs which have improved airflow and its design is not congested which causes heat.
A)Use Access Point (AP) Mode
- If you don’t have a 2.4 GHz option on your phone, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Switch your lights on and off 3 times, there will be a total of 6 clicks.
- The light is flashing rapidly.
- Now, again turn it on and off 3 times, and it will now be flashing slowly.
- Go to your Smart life app and click on Add Device.
- Now, click on the Lighting from the sidebar
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and click Next.
- Click on EZ Mode and switch it to AP Mode.
- Click on ‘Go to connect‘
- Now, choose the network with smart life and click on Next.
- Smart Life app will look for devices that will be paired with it.
|Read About: Are Roomba Bags Reusable
B)Hard reset Fiet bulbs
You can pick this hard reset option if nothing above has worked for you.
- First, make sure that there is no power supply to the bulb and turn off its switch/dimmer.
- Now, turn the light switch from the bulb on for 18 seconds and then turn it off for 1 second.
- Repeat the process almost 5 times and on the 6th turn, the light will be switched on and will connect.
- Open the app and click on 3 dots.
- Here, you will pick Discover New Device.
- Your bulb will be connected.
- Now, install the new app and enter a unique pin code, and you will be connected.
Smart electric devices automate the home and save a lot of our time but they may face some issues. Feit LED bulbs may get heated due to high voltage. The bulb light may flicker which is due to the loose connection between the bulb’s base and fixture. There may be a buzzing sound from the bulb which is due to unstable voltage.
You must always use a compatible fixture for the Feit bulb. You should have your app updated. You must use a 2.4GHz frequency connection that supports smart assistant apps. You can try a hard reset if nothing works for you.
I hope that you have enjoyed the article. If you have any queries, don’t hesitate to comment below.
People Also Ask
About This Blog Website
Hi, This is Hamza and founder of smarthomehut.com. I have a special interest in Alexa products and I have used multiple automated gadgets in my home and with almost every version of the Echo and Rumbas especially. Now, I write detailed information on every issue and every feature of Alexa, Echo, and other smart and automated gadgets and also review them according to my use and personal utility experience.
Originally from Pakistan Azam, the Founder of smarthomehut.com has a keen interest in Audio products and has used multiple Audio and sound-related products with almost every version of the headphones and AirPods.
Azam has got a degree in Bachelors in Computer Science with a specialization in Home Automation and Security having experience of 3 years in automation, which has allowed him to guide people on what He has learned, observed, and analyzed to solve their problems with tech and automated gadgets.
He has done jobs in various companies across Pakistan i,e; Tech Resolver Ltd and Soft Care Ltd.
Now, He has been writing detailed information on every issue and every feature of headphones, Alexa (Echo devices), Home security devices AirPods, or earbuds and also reviewing them for 2 years.
You can find him @
More Info About Smarthomehut