Reasons Why Eufy Vacuum Won’t Connect to WiFi
Eufy Robot Vacuums are the slimmest and with the quietest operation. It automatically increases the suction power within 1.5 seconds whenever extra power is needed for extra cleaning.
Eufy Vacuums can clean home floors, and carpets without any human assistance and to operate with some smart functions like remote control access, and sharing the device with other people, you need wi-fi connectivity is important. When you first bring it to your home, you also need to make sure that it is working fine with wi-fi.
Why won’t your Eufy vacuum connect to WiFi
There are many reasons which we will go through in detail and also explain some (like Eufy RoboVac 11s troubleshooting)
There are multiple reasons which cause Eufy Vacuums not to connect with wi-fi.
- No wi-fi conection on Eufy RoboVac
- Download Eufy Home app to set your Device
- Check your Internet Connection
- Check Robot battery
- Network name and password are incorrect
- Too many devices are connected to same WiFi network
- Your Phone is not connected to 2.4GHz
- Check your Firmware
- Reset Your RoboVac
1. No wi-fi conection on Eufy RoboVac
There are certain models which are not supported by wi-fi connectivity and they are also not supported by AI and other smart assistants like Alexa, and Google Assistant.
First of all, you must make sure that your Eufy RoboVac has wi-fi connectivity ability before implementing any technique to connect it with wi-fi. We have listed down the models which are wi-fi supported. You can check your Eufy model from the list below.
(i) RoboVac 11C (discontinued)
(ii) RoboVac 11C Pet (discontinue)
(iii) RoboVav R550C (discont)
(iv) RoboVac 15C Edition
(iv) RoboVac 15C Max
(v) RoboVac 25C Model
(vi) RoboVac 25C Max
(vii) RoboVac 30C Model
(viii) RoboVac 30C Max
(ix) RoboVac 35C Model
(x) RoboVac G10 Hybrid
(xi) RoboVac G30 Model
(xii) RoboVac G30 Hybrid
(xiii) RoboVac G30 Edge
(xiv) RoboVac G30 Verge
(xv) RoboVac G20 Model
(xvi) RoboVac G20 Hybrid
(xvii) RoboVac L70 Hybrid
(xviii) RoboVac X8 Model
(xix) RoboVac X8 Hybrid
These are the models which are aligned from oldest to newest. If your Eufy RoboVac model is not mentioned in the list, it means that it does not support wi-fi connectivity. You can check the list from the Eufy website.
eufy by Anker, BoostIQ RoboVac 11S
Features: Super-Thin, 1300Pa Strong Suction
2. Download Eufy Home app to set your Device
If you have first purchased your Eufy RoboVac, you need to set and connect it with the Eufy Home app. Follow the steps below to completely set and operate your device from the Eufy Home app.
- Download and install the app on your Android or iOS device.
- Then, you have to create your account for the first time on the app.
- Now, you need to add your device to the app. Make sure that you pick the right model in the app.
- Connect your network and password and click Yes!
- Now, turn on the power switch at the bottom of RoboVac.
- Make sure that the wifi-status light is flashing slowly.
- Now, select your device to continue and it will start loading.
- When the loading is complete, a message will be appeared saying that, you need to connect with Eufy RoboVac. (Don’t take it as an error.)
- Now, go to your wi-fi settings and select your Eufy Device and connect.
- Go back to the app and click on your RoboVac.
- Enter the name, you wish for your Eufy, and click OK.
- The setup has been completed successfully.
|Read Related: 9 Ways To Fix Roomba Not Cleaning All Rooms|
3. Check your Internet Connection
Make sure that you have an active internet connection. Internet may be improper or disconnected due to many reasons.
- You may not have an active Internet subscription and it has been outdated which you can renew and then try connecting your device with the router.
- Your wi-fi router may be placed from a distance from your Eufy device which is causing improper and unstable connection. Try to place your router in the middle of your home.
- Your router needs to be reset. Sometimes, there are unknown reasons causing connection problems which are corrected by just restarting or resetting your router.
4. Check Robot battery
There are 2AA Batteries included in the Eufy RoboVac and they are lithium-ion cells. It has a battery life of 100 minutes and it takes almost 6 hours to charge fully.
Before using the device, make sure that you have fully charged the battery. Because the lower charging reduces its operational ability and also impairs its performance. The low battery may also disconnect the wi-fi connection to save the remaining battery.
Make sure that you have disabled Reduced Power Standby mode on your Robot vacuum. Some people turn on this option to charge the battery quickly but it disables the wi-fi network.
|Recommended: Steps To Find Ecobee Registration Code|
5. Network name and password are incorrect
If there are multiple wi-fi extenders, make sure that you have accurately entered the name of the wi-fi network and password. This step is included in the first setup of your device in Eufy’s Home app where you have to put the credentials of your network.
In case of a network extender in your Wi-Fi setup, ensure that the extender’s network name (SSID) and password are also the same as your primary network.
eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX
Super-Thin, 2000Pa Super-Strong Suction, Quiet
6. Too many devices are connected to same WiFi network
Eufy Robot vacuums need a strong internet connection which is required to operate different functionalities. If there are too many devices on your router, its bandwidth is distributed among all devices or there may be some high bandwidth consumption like 4K Videos or Live streaming which may lower the signal strength and ultimately it causes unstable or poor Internet connection for your RoboVac.
Make sure that there are not too many devices being attached at the same time or you may increase your bandwidth to streamline the process.
Recommendation: Roomba not connecting to WiFi | Fixed
7. Your Phone is not connected to 2.4GHz
Eufy’s devices only work on 2.4GHz and they cannot connect to 5GHz frequency which people think will help in faster downloading but it has a short-range disadvantage. This step is included in the very first set of your device with the Eufy’s Home app. Make sure that you set default your network to 2.4GHz as 5GHz is not supported by Eufy and other smart assistant devices.
8. Check your Firmware
There are many issues that arise only due to outdated firmware. Make sure that you update your Eufy’s RoboVac timely as the update is released by the company. Because wi-fi no connecting may be due to the outdated firmware. Please follow the steps mentioned below in order to update the firmware.
- First of all, make sure that RoboVac is on charging and that there is an active internet connection.
- Open Eufy’s Home app and go to your relative RoboVac model.
- Click on the 3 dots appearing on the upper side of the screen.
- You will see “Firmware Update.” Click on it.
9. Reset Your RoboVac
Check on your RoboVac and observe whether the wi-fi status light is flashing fast or not, if it is blinking fast then you need to reset it.
- First of all, You have to put your RoboVac back on and turn on its power.
- Press the power button for about 10-15 seconds until you hear a beep from the device.
- The device has been reset and it is gone into its factory settings which is good if you have purchased Second hand and the network has not been removed from the device.
- Now, you will see the power button simply turned on and the wi-fi status light is blinking slowly which ensures the reset process is done successfully.
Reset is essential if you have tried all the steps mentioned above and unfortunately, nothing worked for you.
If still, the problem lies, you may need to change your RoboVac device because it is possible that your device has some default error by the company. You can use a 30-day money-back guarantee.
If your Eufy Vacuum is not connecting to WiFi, you can try different steps which have helped us rectify the issues. You can check your internet, charge your RoboVac battery, or check your device firmware and update and some more which we have discussed in the article.
If you have enjoyed the article, do comment and don’t hesitate to contact us in case of any issues.
People Also Ask
Hi, This is Azam, Founder of smarthomehut.com. I have a special interest in Audio products and I have used multiple Audio and sound-related products with almost every version of the headphones and Airpods. I also have learned Automation, Home Automated Security, and the internet of things which I guide people about. Now, I write detailed information on every issue and every feature of headphones, Alexa (Echo devices), Home security devices AirPods, or earbuds and also review them according to my personal utility experience.