Apple Airpods have no display screen like any other earbud. They are unable to show you what exactly the battery is at the moment. But Apple has given light indicators to overcome this situation.
Different light colors have different meanings depending on the function, AirPods are performing or any technical operation, they are going through. But, you have to be familiar with why your AirPods flash orange(amber).
You might have noticed someone having Apple AirPods blinking orange light. If someone has zero knowledge about what different light indicators mean, there may arise a critical blunder with your AirPods.
In the following article, we will thoroughly explain how to fix AirPods flashing orange.
What does Orange light on AirPods indicate?
AirPods have a notification color on the Airpods case. It can blink in different colors and they inform you about any condition or casualty. Being an owner of Apple AirPods, you should spend some time learning about your Apple product. It may seem casual but it is necessary to handle any worse situation.
Fashing Orange(Amber) Light:
- When the AirPods in the case are flashing amber light, it symbolizes that AirPods need technical repair and they have occurred an error.
- But, when the orange light is flashing without AirPods in the case, it means that the case has insufficient energy to recharge your AirPods.
- If the AirPods turn green light, it means that they are fully charged.
- If they are out of the case, it means that only the case is fully charged.
- If you have connected the AirPods Charging case to the power outlet, it means that both AirPods and its case are fully charged.
Flashing White Light:
- When the AirPods are flashing white light, it means that they are ready to pair with your device via Bluetooth.
How to Fix AirPods Flashing Orange Light
Here, you will two scenarios with light functioning either it will be still or blinking.
A. When Orange is still on AirPods.
In this case, there is nothing to worry about and you just have to charge your AirPods.
B. When Orange light is blinking on AirPods.
This situation really needs our attention and should be properly addressed. There may be some connectivity issues. But, If you find yourself unable to find the exact problem but we will briefly guide you on how to resolve ‘flashing orange light AirPods.’
Reset and Repair AirPods
Sometimes, only a simple reset can make Your AirPods function properly
First of all, you need to make sure that there is no device connected to your AirPods.
You should disconnect your AirPods from the settings on your iOS devices. To make sure, there does not remain any Bluetooth connection alive, you should forget the AirPods from your device.
From the settings>Bluetooth on your device, click the icon ‘i’
Now, Forget the device which shows connected to your AirPods.
- Place your AirPods back into the case.
- Press the reset button at the back of the case and start resetting.
- Now, connect your AirPods with your device by opening the lid of the case and bringing your iOS device to the AirPods.
- Start pairing AirPods and press done.
Restart Apple Device
- In some cases, there may be some bugs in your device which are caused by some cache saved or other minor errors.
- So, just start your device and make sure that you do not have any apps open or left in the RAM.
- By simply restarting your device, the orange light on AirPods disappears.
Recharging your AirPods and AirPods Charging Case
- You may have seen AirPods/AirPods pro flashing orange and sometimes the simple cause is a low recharge of your AirPods or its case.
- First, open the lid of the case.
- Put your AirPods back in the case.
- Plug your lightning adapter with a switch and connect it to your AirPods case.
- Wait for at least 60 minutes.
- Now, after some time, try to pair it with your iOS device and check whether it works.
Update Your AirPods Firmware
All the AirPods have firmware and they may get updated but it varies for different versions.
- First, unpair all Bluetooth devices which have a connection with the AirPods.
- Take out one earbud from its case.
- Now, pair its Bluetooth connection with one of your earbuds that is out of the case.
- Play it for a while.
- Now, bring back the other earbud from its case and do the same procedure as with the previous one.
- Now, put back both AirPods in the case and let them charge for about 1 hour.
- You can now try to pair and hope it would work and solve the blinking orange AirPods light.
- Older versions cause AirPods to be quiet.
Clean Your AirPods
You should periodically clean your AirPods or AirPods case. This is a good idea that whether the AirPods blinking error is due to the unclean AirPods or not, you should do it.
It will remove all the dirt particles and it will also remove ear wax from the AirPods. You should also consider cleaning the AirPods case.
In cleaning your AirPods and case, you must use dry tools which may not affect its electrical wiring.
- A Toothpick
- Cotton Swabs/Paper Towels
- A Toothbrush
If unfortunately, you are unable to unfix the blinking light on your AirPods, you should contact Apple Support.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I factory reset my AirPods Pro?
- First, place both of your AirPods in their charging case.
- Open AirPods’ case lid.
- Hold the ‘Setup’ button for around 10-15 seconds.
- The white light will be turned on indicating the reset completion.
How to fix Airpods Pro flashing orange while charging?
If your AirPods Pro are flashing orange while the case is connected to a power outlet and AirPods are in between them, it means that both AirPods and case are charging.
Originally from Pakistan Azam, the Founder of smarthomehut.com has a keen interest in Audio products and has used multiple Audio and sound-related products with almost every version of the headphones and AirPods.
Azam has got a degree in Bachelors in Computer Science with a specialization in Home Automation and Security having experience of 3 years in automation, which has allowed him to guide people on what He has learned, observed, and analyzed to solve their problems with tech and automated gadgets.
He has done jobs in various companies across Pakistan i,e; Tech Resolver Ltd and Soft Care Ltd.
Now, He has been writing detailed information on every issue and every feature of headphones, Alexa (Echo devices), Home security devices AirPods, or earbuds and also reviewing them for 2 years.
You can find him @
More Info About Smarthomehut